"Faithful Foodies" was inspired by Christian Gals (involved at Saddleback Church's Walk & Worship) who love to Bake & Cook. And this blog is dedicated to finding a way to incorporate healthier ingredients into tasty treats and sharing the recipes. It's your body, but...God Created It, Jesus Died For It, the Holy Spirit Lives In It, Shouldn't You Take Care Of It!



Friday, March 23, 2012

Foodies Friday - Fruit with Honey-Lemon Vinaigrette



As I continue my search for healthful, tasty treats for our Friday night Walk & Worship group; I came across a recipe for fresh fruit salad with a honey-lemon vinaigrette dressing.  I found this recipe in the March/April 2012 Southern Lady magazine sent by a dear friend who merely likes to "share".

Quickly detouring off the subject "at hand"; who just loves the act of "Sharing".  I know I do!

We can share a recipe. We can share our experiences.  We can share our time.  We can share our faith.

Hebrews 13:16 ESV
Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God.

I am definitely ALL for sharing!

This recipe was super quick, mighty delicious and I'd like to share it with you.

Ingredients

1 pound strawberries, hulled and chopped (I didn't hull mine, and I sliced)
2 (6 oz) containers blueberries
6 kiwi, peeled and chopped (I sliced these, as well)
6 bananas, sliced
Honey-Lemon Vinaigrette

1.  In a medium bowl, combine strawberries, blueberries, kiwi, and bananas.  Pour Honey-Lemon vinaigrette over fruit, tossing gently to coat.

Honey-Lemon Vinaigrette
Makes about 1 1/2 cups

1 1/2 tsps lemon zest
1/2 cup fresh Lemon Juice
3 Tblspn Honey
1 tspn Dijon mustard
1/4 tspn sea salt
1/4 tspn ground black pepper
1/2 cup EVOO (olive oil)

1.  In the container of a blender, combine lemon zest, lemon juice, honey, mustard, salt, and pepper. Process until well blended.  With blender running, slowly drizzle in olive oil.

NOTES

I purchased all organic fruit. It's not a requirement, but a personal preference. I say, "If you're going to put something into your body with "good health" in mind; why not take that extra step and not add pesticides. Especially in porous fruit like strawberries and blueberries, at the very least (merely a suggestion)."

I also used wildflower honey. Not sure that matters, but it sure was tasty.


I'd love to hear what you think, when you try this recipe.





No comments:

Post a Comment