"Faithful Foodies" was inspired by Christian Gals (involved at Saddleback Church's Walk & Worship) who love to Bake & Cook. And this blog is dedicated to finding a way to incorporate healthier ingredients into tasty treats and sharing the recipes. It's your body, but...God Created It, Jesus Died For It, the Holy Spirit Lives In It, Shouldn't You Take Care Of It!



Saturday, May 19, 2012

My Cup Runneth Over

I'd like to ask you...is your cup half empty or half full? Or does your cup runneth over?

In a small group forum we attended last night we were able to share our journey on the Daniel Plan (these past 16 months) and hear other's insight on what makes The Daniel Plan truly work.

One comment reminded me...if you emotionally eat you'll never be satisfied; but if you fill your body/soul with Christ's Love (His Word) "Your cup WILL run over"; and more importantly spill onto others.  Then you will truly be satisfied.

God made food to nourish our bodies.  God gave us His Word to nourish our souls.

I then came across a t-shirt posted on FB (coinicidence, I think not).  I recreated it in a document and plan on posting this where it can be viewed - reminding me of all God gives us to BE and FEEL satisfied. 


If you're tired of feeling empty or unsatisfied on the inside, don't reach for food...reach for our Lord and FEED YOUR SOUL.


Can I get an AMEN!




Feel free to repost, share, pass along, spread the word.

2 comments: